Sunday, August 4, 2013

Blackberry Syrup


Blackberries are poppin' all over the place right now. Unfortunately the wild ones that are the easiest to get are Himalayan blackberries, which are seedier than some of the cultivated varieties. But they're delicious in jams, and with the right sieve it's possible to get most or all of the seeds out.

I've done blackberry jam several times in the past, and might do another batch this summer, but I saw this recipe for blackberry syrup and thought I'd give that a try.





It was about as easy as can be, to be honest. I was psyched to try it in a drink a couple days later, and it was very fresh and tasty. This had gin, club soda, and syrup with some ice. Can't get much simpler than that. I might try it with tonic sometime soon though, add a bit of complexity.

2 comments:

  1. As you know, I am not much of a drinker but some of your drinks do sound tasty....this one included. Maybe one of these years I will fly on out and try some!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be fabulous! A lot of mine can be made as lo-alcohol or even virgin drinks...I'm probably gonna make some blackberry soda this week using the syrup.

      Delete