Sunday, August 4, 2013

Time for a reboot



I fell off the blogging map a few years ago. I stopped posting, got out of the habit, and every time I thought of picking it up again some excuse got in the way.

But recently I’ve found a new obsession, shopping at the local thrift shops in Seattle. There are a lot of them. And they have some really, really great finds. I’ve started to take risks in the stuff I try on and the things I buy, because it’s easier to take that risk when I’m spending $4-$6 for it. That’s my usual goal. Something vintage or awesome in the shoe department gets a pass at a larger splurge. I have a couple different kinds of boots I have my eye on, for example, and I’ll pay more if I can get a lot of wear out of it.

In the meantime, I’m still trying out experiments in gardening, and I go through a pretty obsessive canning phase every summer. I also love baking my own bread and making a lot of the food I take to work. I like sewing, knitting, jewelry making, and quilting. Why not document it? So I figured I’d give blogging another shot.

I look forward to hearing criticisms, suggestions, ideas and contradictions. I want to have fun with my failures as well as my successes. As long as I learn from the failure I’ll be able to reap some benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment